Inkscape, build-essential, all the LaTeX goodies, and markdown. Maybe a few gedit plugins? That's my list anyway. I used to think wine was a must but I don't anymore.
Okay, I had fun playing with this last night. I installed it with WUBI. What I've read says that running it like that is noticeably slower than a regular install. So I'm thinking tonight I will uninstall that version and do the real partition and install dual-boot version.
Any opinions of the WUBI version? Will I not notice a difference? The nerd in me can't really stand the fact that the WUBI install only has 30GB (when I've got 654GB free space)and might be slower than it could be.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
Yep. It pretty much rocks.
ReplyDeleteScribus is good if you want to do newsletter type stuff.
ReplyDeleteInkscape, build-essential, all the LaTeX goodies, and markdown. Maybe a few gedit plugins? That's my list anyway. I used to think wine was a must but I don't anymore.
ReplyDeleteAlrighty. I'll check this stuff out.
ReplyDeleteGIMP, so much better than photoshop
ReplyDeleteOkay, I had fun playing with this last night. I installed it with WUBI. What I've read says that running it like that is noticeably slower than a regular install. So I'm thinking tonight I will uninstall that version and do the real partition and install dual-boot version.
ReplyDeleteAny opinions of the WUBI version? Will I not notice a difference? The nerd in me can't really stand the fact that the WUBI install only has 30GB (when I've got 654GB free space)and might be slower than it could be.
Yes, do it for real.
ReplyDelete