Arguably one of the best illustrators of the early TSR era. Definitely my favorite. The tone illustration of the dwarves and hobbits going down some stairs with the magic mouth in the wall is my favorite 1E illo ever - again a Trampier piece.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
...whaaaat? Another great one has passed??
ReplyDeleteYep, his obit appeared in a newspaper. Only 59.
ReplyDeleteThis is it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesouthern/obituary.aspx?n=david-trampier&pid=170356694&
Someone should at least get some local news coverage on this. He'd completely walked away from his art and gaming years ago, but jeez, what an impact.
Arguably one of the best illustrators of the early TSR era. Definitely my favorite. The tone illustration of the dwarves and hobbits going down some stairs with the magic mouth in the wall is my favorite 1E illo ever - again a Trampier piece.
ReplyDeleteBest player's manual cover of them all. Killing that thing and taking its shit. This is why we game.
ReplyDelete