I really liked that show. It is for kids, true, but that's not all bad. I think the "problem solving" of how to keep it accessible to kids and updated from the original, but still fresh enough to do its own thing, was great. And the animation style (more for the mech than the people) was cool.
It does start slow but it's worth it. Gene Khan, the Mandarin, is very sympathetic. Actually, lots of the villains have excellent characterization. Plus the armor and tech designs.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
I tried to watch that. I couldn't get past the first episode, it was just so painfully bad.
ReplyDeleteDoes it get better? Or do you just find something else about the show (like the robots) to love?
I really liked that show. It is for kids, true, but that's not all bad. I think the "problem solving" of how to keep it accessible to kids and updated from the original, but still fresh enough to do its own thing, was great. And the animation style (more for the mech than the people) was cool.
ReplyDeleteIt does start slow but it's worth it. Gene Khan, the Mandarin, is very sympathetic. Actually, lots of the villains have excellent characterization. Plus the armor and tech designs.
ReplyDelete