Casey Garske That sucks, I will say they've been doing stability updates at least once a day since release so keep checking and maybe drop a note on the Steam forums - my game crashes so much less now then it did on the 3rd (and it was pretty stable then). Something I can't say about the gawdawful Dark Souls port which now refuses to run as I got a new machine.
There are also some workarounds from the devs up in the steam forums as recently as an hour or two ago. Might help?
The issue was on the forum. If you're on a laptop, pretty much always disable the Steam overlay. I didn't even know what that was. I only got to the town, but I am hooked. This is rad.
Love to hear what tactics you end up liking, I'm a grave-robber fan currently with the lunge - fade - fade tactics. It's really amusing to mix up parties.
I quite like it, but skills that heal stress are just useless and the first couple of dungeons are basically entirely up to the RNG gods. I'm really eager to see how their balancing and last bits of polish go before full release.
I think bland isn't a bad descriptor. All they do is affect stats and they always have some kind if drawback, some of them pretty severe, so they're more for specializing characters than just a basic boost.
It's an incredibly well polished and balanced game for early access, but it's still pretty clear they have work to do.
I sure hope all these thoughtful comments are being duplicated in the Steam community for the developers to read. These are gold for creators during early stage release.
Stephen King Combat stress and hp heals are useful from keeping a character from going over the edge - i.e. If the Jester can prevent your Hellion from becoming an abusive ass and setting off a stress spiral you can still get out of the dungeon without having to send all four of the characters into the brothel or church after the run. I find saving the firewood for the end of a run if I can is helpful, because I can return the party to town almost unstressed that way much of the time.
Personally I try to keep stress low by focusing on stress monsters - like the puke pigs or fancy skeletons before anything else - a plague doctor with the back row stun can be very helpful here.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Is it out of beta?
ReplyDeleteRemind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer - also execute so dudes with impunity.
ReplyDeleteCheers, did not realize this evn existed. Will buy tonight.
ReplyDeleteWell, I've got a mouse pointer and voice over but no picture, so that maybe answers your question, Sandy Jacobs-Tolle.
ReplyDeleteCasey Garske oopsie doodle.
ReplyDeleteCasey Garske That sucks, I will say they've been doing stability updates at least once a day since release so keep checking and maybe drop a note on the Steam forums - my game crashes so much less now then it did on the 3rd (and it was pretty stable then). Something I can't say about the gawdawful Dark Souls port which now refuses to run as I got a new machine.
ReplyDeleteThere are also some workarounds from the devs up in the steam forums as recently as an hour or two ago. Might help?
The issue was on the forum. If you're on a laptop, pretty much always disable the Steam overlay. I didn't even know what that was. I only got to the town, but I am hooked. This is rad.
ReplyDeleteIt's like Mike Mignola made a video game.
ReplyDeleteLove to hear what tactics you end up liking, I'm a grave-robber fan currently with the lunge - fade - fade tactics. It's really amusing to mix up parties.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I'll be posting about it.
ReplyDeleteI quite like it, but skills that heal stress are just useless and the first couple of dungeons are basically entirely up to the RNG gods. I'm really eager to see how their balancing and last bits of polish go before full release.
ReplyDeleteIs this good? I hear it's fun but that the magic items can be boring.
ReplyDeleteI think bland isn't a bad descriptor. All they do is affect stats and they always have some kind if drawback, some of them pretty severe, so they're more for specializing characters than just a basic boost.
ReplyDeleteIt's an incredibly well polished and balanced game for early access, but it's still pretty clear they have work to do.
I still have no idea why any form of skill based stress healing was even bothered with in it's current form.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, the camping skills are fine. I'm more referring to combat skills.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope all these thoughtful comments are being duplicated in the Steam community for the developers to read. These are gold for creators during early stage release.
ReplyDeleteStephen King Combat stress and hp heals are useful from keeping a character from going over the edge - i.e. If the Jester can prevent your Hellion from becoming an abusive ass and setting off a stress spiral you can still get out of the dungeon without having to send all four of the characters into the brothel or church after the run. I find saving the firewood for the end of a run if I can is helpful, because I can return the party to town almost unstressed that way much of the time.
ReplyDeletePersonally I try to keep stress low by focusing on stress monsters - like the puke pigs or fancy skeletons before anything else - a plague doctor with the back row stun can be very helpful here.
These are all good for me too, since I played the tutorial and first Dungeon and didn't realize different ranks affect what powers you can use.
ReplyDeleteBTW, steam ID: psn_hexxenhammer
ReplyDeleteYes, I got my Steam account because I bought Portal 2 for PS3.