I'm fine with mashups... probably because I'm not a true fan... but I always want all of my favourite characters to be in the same universe (or at least a semi-connected multiverse with opportunity for crossovers).
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
I'm fine with mashups... probably because I'm not a true fan... but I always want all of my favourite characters to be in the same universe (or at least a semi-connected multiverse with opportunity for crossovers).
ReplyDeleteHuh. I for one love a good mashup. I mean sure, bad ones can be painful, but that's a function of execution rather than purity.
ReplyDeleteThis one's for you.
ReplyDeletehttp://tinyurl.com/nvcmnld
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractive_nuisance_doctrine
ReplyDeleteMash-ups make me a sad panda.
ReplyDeleteMASH UP SAD PANDA AND SAD KEANU ON A PARK BENCH FOR EXPONENTIALLY MORE SADNESS! =)
ReplyDeleteIf you don't like this, you are dead inside:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSf2xF5XQw
Ok, John Aegard, but I still hate steampunk Star Wars.
ReplyDelete::mutters something about how Star Wars is a mash-up of samurai movies and Flash Gordon::
ReplyDelete