Reminder to myself to watch this. Tagging Calib Kerensky and James LaManna for Gettysburg and minis.

Reminder to myself to watch this. Tagging Calib Kerensky and James LaManna for Gettysburg and minis.

Originally shared by ****

I don't recall who shared this yesterday but thank you.

In 1978 six episodes of this show, called Battleground, were made. They're 30 minute episodes where two opponents play a tabletop wargame.

It's pretty dry viewing and so probably not for everyone, but I thought it was great. You can find other episodes on Youtube.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3501946/
https://youtu.be/7jDo-XaRxl4

Comments

  1. I really, really want to like this, however as it turns out, watching a mini game is not as fun as actually playing it.  James LaManna I need to make a trip to Pittsburgh soon to play Bolt Action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's pretty dry. And 1978!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And British!  Weird watching two British professors talking about the American Civil War

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edward says he did a film where he had to play a wargamer?! What was this film? Update found it: Callan, a TV series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races.