Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
It's not an entirely horrible thing. It's almost more awkward when a friend becomes a client.
ReplyDeleteMy job does not do that. Actually the opposite.
ReplyDeleteI have made friends at work, but it took a while for them to realize i wasn't a complete boob.
ReplyDelete100% of my local friends are my co-workers because meeting people as an adult is DIFFICULT.
ReplyDeleteTrue.
ReplyDeleteI am still good friends with a former co-worker and we phone regularly.
ReplyDeleteAnd making new friends in a new city isn't that difficult when there are local gaming groups.
Most of the local gaming groups are people 10+ years younger than me.
ReplyDeleteStraining my suspension of disbelief, but well-written.
ReplyDeleteSo what's the problem with hanging out with younger people, Michael R?
ReplyDeleteNothing inherently wrong with it. Just not the crowd I want to hang out with all the time, y'know?
ReplyDelete