Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
So you don't use their encumbrance system?
ReplyDeleteThis was a con game, I guess the GM skipped that rule.
ReplyDeleteCasey G. Petal Hack?
ReplyDeleteYep.
ReplyDeleteSeems worth skipping. I can't recall a single game where the fun I had came from calculating encumbrance. My rule is, "Yes. You can carry that, but you'll be at a negative _ as long as you do, and a while after, because it'll take some time to recover." Alternate rule, "Sure, and you're crushed beneath the weight, but that's a sort of carrying." By law for those who press it, "No."
ReplyDelete