Saw Kong last night. It adheres to all soldiers vs. monsters tropes so closely that Stay Frosty would be an excellent fit for gaming it. Just need to tweak the equipment list a little bit.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
One of the most RPG-like movies ever, for sure
ReplyDeleteComplete with story lines that don't go anywhere because the character is killed before it's resolved.
ReplyDeleteIndeed. It's more like a funnel in that sense!
ReplyDelete