So far so good. First mission I tried to cast a spell, failed miserably, and my leader was out immediately. Still won. Combat feels like XCOM, like, hey, I've got an 85% chance to hit. Miss. Miss. Miss.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
So far so good. First mission I tried to cast a spell, failed miserably, and my leader was out immediately. Still won. Combat feels like XCOM, like, hey, I've got an 85% chance to hit. Miss. Miss. Miss.
ReplyDeleteD&D Xcom? I'll have to get this!
ReplyDeleteYou can play against friends too, so yes, you should. But I don't think it's on sale anymore. I got it for $10.
ReplyDeleteall good, looking for a new game, and not dropping $350 on the ps4 to play the new mass effect.
ReplyDelete