Alec Henry a few years ago I ran a game where each player took turns rolling 3d6 and everyone at the table had to record that score. I let 'em pick where to put it but if I did it again they do it in order but everyone would first roll their stat order randomly.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
This seems like a good method for creating pregens when anydice.com isn't an option.
ReplyDeleteThe idea was Greg Gorgonmilk's originally I think.
ReplyDeleteI, too, got this clear reference to Human Occupied Landfill.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad someone got the HoL joke, N. Phillip Cole.
ReplyDeleteAlec Henry a few years ago I ran a game where each player took turns rolling 3d6 and everyone at the table had to record that score. I let 'em pick where to put it but if I did it again they do it in order but everyone would first roll their stat order randomly.
ReplyDeleteMake it Sudoku and you have a fair way of giving everybody equal (but diverse) stats.
ReplyDelete(and by "Sudoku" I mean "the sum is always the same", which isn't what sudoku is, but...)
ReplyDelete