My brother just posted this pic on my FB wall with no context. It's from Uncanny Avengers #1, written by Rick Remender. He is a fucking awesome writer. So I'll have to read this.
I really wonder if I'd have read comics if this was the stuff they were writing when I got started at age 8. Then again at age 34 I see this and wonder if perhaps it's time to stop reading them..
I'm thinking it's time to START reading superhero books again. A cackling villain has a genocidal plan that involves a brain. That's pretty awesome. And who is Red Skull talking to there? No one! He's just monologuing to himself, which villains should do.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
The big picture:
ReplyDeletehttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2639690-red_skull_xavier_1.jpg
I... don't think I want to know.
ReplyDeleteActually, the more I look at this, the more awesome it becomes.
ReplyDeleteMy brother just posted this pic on my FB wall with no context. It's from Uncanny Avengers #1, written by Rick Remender. He is a fucking awesome writer. So I'll have to read this.
ReplyDeleteSerious question, though... how does Red Skull pronounce anything correctly without any lips?
ReplyDeleteMichael R He's got one of those smoker robot-voice thingies.
ReplyDeleteThat's just extra creepy.
ReplyDeleteThat's like asking how StrongBad can type with boxing gloves on. The answer is: Don't question it, it just is.
ReplyDeleteI really wonder if I'd have read comics if this was the stuff they were writing when I got started at age 8. Then again at age 34 I see this and wonder if perhaps it's time to stop reading them..
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking it's time to START reading superhero books again. A cackling villain has a genocidal plan that involves a brain. That's pretty awesome. And who is Red Skull talking to there? No one! He's just monologuing to himself, which villains should do.
ReplyDelete