The cover of Communion scarred my psyche more than anything else, ever. As a kid I spent a lot of nights convinced if I took my head out from under my covers, one of those fuckers would be staring right down at me.
communion is one of very few books i found myself unable to finish due to exceeding my tolerance for creepiness. in fact, off the top of my head i can't think of any others. but there have probably been a few over the years.
The movie version of Communion with Christopher Walken is super creepy too. I don't know that the movie itself is that great, but the vibe is dead on. I think the whole movie is on YouTube.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
The cover of Communion scarred my psyche more than anything else, ever. As a kid I spent a lot of nights convinced if I took my head out from under my covers, one of those fuckers would be staring right down at me.
ReplyDeletecommunion is one of very few books i found myself unable to finish due to exceeding my tolerance for creepiness. in fact, off the top of my head i can't think of any others. but there have probably been a few over the years.
ReplyDeleteand i have not seen dark skies. not yet anyway.
The movie version of Communion with Christopher Walken is super creepy too. I don't know that the movie itself is that great, but the vibe is dead on. I think the whole movie is on YouTube.
ReplyDelete