Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
I'd be really surprised if there wasn't, but I personally haven't seen any. But yeah, Boot Hill 3E is one of my preferred old west rpgs
ReplyDeleteI don't have much but I was planning on using zombies that can't be mortally wounded except via head shot hit locations, etc.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it have conversion rules for AD&D?
ReplyDeleteNot in the book. There's a "Tales of Discontinuity" thing. But, you've made me think I need to look in my old DMG.
ReplyDeleteYep, AD&D DMG. Rules for converting characters back and forth, but not much more.
ReplyDelete