VHS is pretty good, worth a watch, but not outstanding. The first story after the frame is established is by far the best. It's really good. The rest are okay.
VHS 2 is a huge improvement. All the stories are entertaining, well done, and well acted. I like the alien one the best, but the cult and zombie shorts are top-notch as well. The framing story and first story are the weak links, but only in comparison to the rest.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
How could a flick titled "Slumber Party Alien Abduction" not be fantastic?
ReplyDeleteI just looked it up, and that short was directed by the guy that did Hobo With a Shotgun. I'll have to watch that now.
ReplyDeleteAnd his next movie is apparently going to be Blatant Violence High.
ReplyDeleteAwesome.
Ah...it's a short in the film VHS2, not a stand alone film on it's own. I get it now. A bit slow this morning. So VHS2 is good, is VHS 1good also?
ReplyDeleteVHS is pretty good, worth a watch, but not outstanding. The first story after the frame is established is by far the best. It's really good. The rest are okay.
ReplyDeleteVHS 2 is a huge improvement. All the stories are entertaining, well done, and well acted. I like the alien one the best, but the cult and zombie shorts are top-notch as well. The framing story and first story are the weak links, but only in comparison to the rest.
I wish the VHS franchise would either abandon their bookending or actually do something with it. As it is, it's just lame.
ReplyDeleteThey are the weakest link. A creepy hand just putting tapes into the bank of TVs and VCRs would be more effective.
ReplyDelete