True Story: I ran a dungeon crawl using Dread once wherein I managed to get the party to try to swim across a giant, underground, flooded hall. Halfway through things got tense when they realized there were gators swimming in the hall with them.
When they realized the gators were armed with spears, they lost their shit and fled.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Lizardmen. For when the party gets to thinking they're just a little too clever with infravision. :p
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite Trampier drawings ever.
ReplyDeleteLizardmen and gnolls are my favorite things. And owlbears.
ReplyDeleteThough I admit I call them Lizardfolk. I also call Devils Baatezu and Demons Tanar'ri.
Who the hell gets sick of orcs? >:(
ReplyDeleteDaniel Swensen my PC's are heading to the Tomb of the Lizard King. So they're about to get a vampire lizard king to the face.
ReplyDeleteBret Gillan Lair to lair salespeople. :(
ReplyDeleteLair-to-lair trap salesbeings are the worst. Always dumping acid or poison darts on your floor of 5'x5' stone tile...
ReplyDeleteOnce you've had them fried, grilled, sautéed, dried, poached and fricasseed, they can become a bore, Bret Gillan
ReplyDeleteTrue Story: I ran a dungeon crawl using Dread once wherein I managed to get the party to try to swim across a giant, underground, flooded hall. Halfway through things got tense when they realized there were gators swimming in the hall with them.
ReplyDeleteWhen they realized the gators were armed with spears, they lost their shit and fled.
Also: http://bryantpauljohnson.com/2013/10/03/oh-the-beating-drum/