Something I don't understand. Google doesn't require me to change my password every month. My online bank doesn't require me to change my password every month. Amazon doesn't require it. PayPal doesn't require it. Why does every corporate network I've ever used require such arcane password contortions every month that everyone at the company writes their password down on a post-it note on their cube wall?
Paul, those organizations expect you to protect your own assets by changing your password frequently. But you're welcome not to, just like you're welcome not to lock your doors at night if you don't want to.
Your company mandates that you change frequently, because they're protecting their assets, not yours.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
man facepalm
ReplyDeleteSecurity is purely rhetorical.
ReplyDeleteThat's just...wow.
ReplyDeleteIt's not like I work for the State Dept. or something, but still...
ReplyDeleteSomething I don't understand. Google doesn't require me to change my password every month. My online bank doesn't require me to change my password every month. Amazon doesn't require it. PayPal doesn't require it. Why does every corporate network I've ever used require such arcane password contortions every month that everyone at the company writes their password down on a post-it note on their cube wall?
ReplyDeleteI think non-tech companies all read the same security "best-practices" article. And this article says to change passwords every few months.
ReplyDeleteD'oh!
ReplyDeletePaul, those organizations expect you to protect your own assets by changing your password frequently. But you're welcome not to, just like you're welcome not to lock your doors at night if you don't want to.
ReplyDeleteYour company mandates that you change frequently, because they're protecting their assets, not yours.
My password is "Invalid". that way if I ever enter the wrong password, my computer tells me what my password is.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Casey Garske. Tech/security companies make us change passwords frequently too.
ReplyDelete