Does anyone use Scribus for laying out gaming stuff?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Does anyone use Scribus for laying out gaming stuff? If you do, how did you do tables? I was cruising along nicely, learning how to use it, then bam! Table function is not yet implemented.
Tables aren't a thing in Scribus. You're much better off creating a table in, say, LibreOffice Draw, exporting it to EPS, and importing the EPS into Scribus as a graphic.
Does this make updating tables a pain? Yes. But your options otherwise are sharply limited.
Scribus is powerful for the price, but it's pretty frustrating to use compared to an Adobe product.
What version are you using? The latest version has tables, they are just hard to use. You create the table, but you have to Ungroup it before you can enter text. Pretty non-intuitive. It doesn't work anything like mini-spreadsheet like in word processors. It's just a group of text frames.
Scribus is not all terrible. You can create some pro-looking stuff with it.
But what you absolutely don't want to do is to create content in Scribus. It's strictly old-school. You get your content all the way done (and I mean all the way) and then lay it out.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Tables aren't a thing in Scribus. You're much better off creating a table in, say, LibreOffice Draw, exporting it to EPS, and importing the EPS into Scribus as a graphic.
ReplyDeleteDoes this make updating tables a pain? Yes. But your options otherwise are sharply limited.
I will give this a shot. My adventure is mostly tables! Might be easier to just use LibreOffice.
ReplyDeleteScribus is powerful for the price, but it's pretty frustrating to use compared to an Adobe product.
ReplyDeleteWhat version are you using? The latest version has tables, they are just hard to use. You create the table, but you have to Ungroup it before you can enter text. Pretty non-intuitive. It doesn't work anything like mini-spreadsheet like in word processors. It's just a group of text frames.
Scribus is not all terrible. You can create some pro-looking stuff with it.
ReplyDeleteBut what you absolutely don't want to do is to create content in Scribus. It's strictly old-school. You get your content all the way done (and I mean all the way) and then lay it out.
Larry Lade I'm using the newest version. I found a forum post with the "ungroup" thing after I posted this. I'll have to try it when I get home.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, by the way!
Brian Takle yeah, I'm figuring that out!