Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
You might have to find a backport of the bleeding-edge driver version to get SANE to work with newer stuff.
ReplyDeleteTry (link to some old stuff)
It depends a lot on the device make. I have an HP all-in-one and it worked out of the box. (Note: HP is really Linux-friendly.)
ReplyDeleteI replaced an HP that scanned fine...
ReplyDeleteis it wireless printer? some printers only scan when using usb printer cable. seriously that is a thing with my printer and it pissed me off.
ReplyDeleteNo, it's a Linux thing. I might be forced to boot into Windows to scan.
ReplyDeleteWhat model of printer do you have? What version of Ubuntu are you running?
ReplyDeleteIt's a Canon ImageClass MF4880dw. Ubuntu 12.04.
ReplyDeleteI found a bunch of stuff about enabling the backend for Xsane, but my model wasn't listed in the file I tried to edit. And I basically know nothing about terminal commands when I can't just cut and paste.
I appreciate it, Larry Lade but don't knock yourself out!
Ah, that's pretty new. Support for that appeared in pixma driver 0.17.6 as "i-SENSYS MF4800 Series". There's a report of someone getting it to work right six weeks ago.
ReplyDeleteRather than figure out how to pull the latest version from git, you should give this repo a shot:
https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/sane-git
That will have the very latest (possibly buggy) SANE.
The "good news" is you could just wait a year or so, and it will probably work just fine out of the box.
I will give it a shot. Thanks.
ReplyDelete