One more trip down memory lane. Here's a pdf of my first word processor created character sheet. I can't believe I had a blank one. These pages are still attached to each other.
I've seen a couple of character sheets that use mono spaced fonts for a typewriter look, but this could be a cool sheet design, too, especially for a 1980s setting.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
I'll snag this later. The first one was a lot of fun. Originally shared by Android Central Publisher Paradox Interactive has released Knights of Pen & Paper 2 for Android. Fans of table-top RPGs can once again get the full experience on a mobile device. We got a chance to play an early version of this game in March at GDC 2015, and now Knights of Pen & Paper 2 is available for… #android http://www.androidcentral.com/knights-pen-paper-2-brings-role-playing-and-satire-together-android
That takes me back. Visceral nostalgia.
ReplyDeleteNeed to find a dot matrix mono-spaced font.
ReplyDeleteI got surprisingly good at using AppleWorks and an ImageWriter II to make these sorts of character sheets.
ReplyDeleteThis was on DOS, and the program was Lotus I think.
ReplyDeleteI've seen a couple of character sheets that use mono spaced fonts for a typewriter look, but this could be a cool sheet design, too, especially for a 1980s setting.
ReplyDelete