Emergency Replacement Campaigns Do you keep a contingency campaign handy in case of TPK? If my Greyhawk players are crushed by the giants of Geoff, Anomalous Subsurface Environment is up to bat.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
You wouldn't just have folks make up new PCs and continue to explore the same world?
ReplyDeleteThe players might vote for that, in which case I'd go along with it. But I've got gamer ADD. Always something new to try.
ReplyDeleteWhen this has happened in the past I kept the same world and moved to a different area where they had not visited before.
ReplyDeleteMy 4E TPK insurance was to offer the dead PCs jobs as the Raven Queen's commandos.
ReplyDelete(Raven Queen = goddess of the underworld, essentially)
Nice.
ReplyDeleteI rarely TPK. I will Total Party Handicap ;)
ReplyDelete