Brian Newman I think I made one henchman retire by crushing his arm so it's useless. He's an archer, so he's fucked. A fireball left two PCs with 1hp each, but next round the fighter finally engaged the evil wizard in melee, and that was that.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
So, the movie that gif is from (Cursed) has a 4.9 rating on IMDB. Well above the threshold of too terrible to bother.
ReplyDeleteWorth it for this scene alone.
ReplyDeleteI'm hunting it down as we speak.
ReplyDeleteYou teach those PCs!
ReplyDeleteI'm counting on Monster Squad's tactics. "Wolfman's got Nards!"
ReplyDeleteBrian Newman I think I made one henchman retire by crushing his arm so it's useless. He's an archer, so he's fucked. A fireball left two PCs with 1hp each, but next round the fighter finally engaged the evil wizard in melee, and that was that.
ReplyDeleteWe even split the party and still survived.
ReplyDelete