That's pretty much what it is. Less violence, but his story structure and dialogue are pretty much the same. His prose is so straight forward and simple that I don't even think he really changed his vocabulary.
Okay, after starting to read it last night, he really didn't change his vocabulary much. Two instances of "bitch," but of course in reference to actual female coyotes and dogs, and not insults. This led to a good conversation about swear words, what they mean and why.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Is this really a book? Elmore Leonard wrote anthropomorphics at some point?
ReplyDeleteIt's real. Just this one book. A coyote hustler and a retired dog actor are the main characters. Takes place in the Hollywood Hills.
ReplyDeleteThe dog and coyote decide to switch lives.
Is it...gritty and snappy? I can't stop thinking of Christopher Moore when I look at this cover and premise.
ReplyDeleteI would pay kind of a lot of money to watch Justified with talking animals.
That's pretty much what it is. Less violence, but his story structure and dialogue are pretty much the same. His prose is so straight forward and simple that I don't even think he really changed his vocabulary.
ReplyDeleteOkay, after starting to read it last night, he really didn't change his vocabulary much. Two instances of "bitch," but of course in reference to actual female coyotes and dogs, and not insults. This led to a good conversation about swear words, what they mean and why.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking through how to have that conversation myself.
ReplyDelete