Monster Manual thoughts


Monster Manual thoughts
-Lots of planar monsters! All the main extraplanar beings and then some made it in: Angels, Demons, Devils, Slaad, Gith, Modrons, Yugoloths, a bunch of elemental creatures, and probably some I’m forgetting. I think the planes must be a huge part of what’s in the pipe.
-The Succubus/Incubus is no longer a demon/devil. I think 4e made them devils, right (which was stupid)? Now they’re their own monster, serving whoever they wish in the lower planes. I like this change, makes sense. Succubi and incubi are also the same monster, since they can change shape at will, what does gender matter?
-Not a fan of the new goblin or hobgoblin look.
-Not a fan of the art for the giants.
-Storm giants created behirs to fight dragons. Ok.
-Dragon art is uniformly awesome.
-Shadow dragon is a template. Setting the stage for other plane-influenced dragons?
-Some of these stat blocks are still pretty darn big.
-Spellcasters have a list of typical spells. Useful, still requires another book open. Not that I’m not used to that.
-Lair actions are sweet.
-giant frog eating the adventurer is the best picture in the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me!

Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re...