You sound like the perfect person to ask: is there a bipedal dinosaur out there, where, if it were contemporaneous with humans, be just about the right size for riding (no larger than the biggest warhorse) and unlikely to turn around and nom the rider's arm off when it got peckish? I'm looking to draw dinos as a mount in a fantasy series, and I haven't found that bipedal-herbivore-reasonable-size dino to inspire me yet.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
I'm still waiting to play this bad boy!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't hold your breath! I make no promises!
ReplyDeleteCan't a man have faith? ;)
ReplyDeleteYou sound like the perfect person to ask: is there a bipedal dinosaur out there, where, if it were contemporaneous with humans, be just about the right size for riding (no larger than the biggest warhorse) and unlikely to turn around and nom the rider's arm off when it got peckish? I'm looking to draw dinos as a mount in a fantasy series, and I haven't found that bipedal-herbivore-reasonable-size dino to inspire me yet.
ReplyDeleteAn ostrich Dino like gallimimus would be about perfect. Go nuts with the feathers.
ReplyDeletePrehistoric kangaroo might make for an interesting mount, too. (Remember, the old ones were large, brawny, and walked instead of hopping)
ReplyDeletehttp://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141016130758-giant-kangaroo-story-top.jpeg
And for a more tank-like mount, prehistoric wombats were HUGE and solid.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=prehistoric+kangaroo&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=959&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=7sFqVPbNAcfimAXJu4C4BQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=prehistoric%20wombat&revid=596844393&imgdii=_