Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Oh man. I was addicted to Project Blue Book or whatever it was called in the '70s.
ReplyDeleteI was all about UFOs and cryptozoology when I was a kid.
ReplyDeleteCasey Garske Oh man, me too. And dinosaurs. We must be the same age.
ReplyDeleteI just hit 40. there were tons of Bigfoot and loch Ness monster books written in the 70s that our library had. Plus, I remember Whitley Streiber on Johnny Carson. Alien Abduction has freaked me out ever since.
ReplyDeleteI'm just a couple years younger. As a non-religious kid, I was terrified of alien abduction. I didn't believe in supernatural stuff but the idea that maybe aliens really did kidnap people and abuse them scared the hell out of me. Plenty of nightmares.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah. I didn't believe in ghosts, but I spent a lot of time under the covers convinced if I looked there would be giant almond eyes looking down at me.
ReplyDeletePaul V. maybe those weren't nightmares. Have you had regression therapy?
ReplyDeletenooooo
ReplyDeleteI used be scared to wash my hair when I was a kid. I was convinced there would be a Hopkinsville Goblin clawing at the shower window when I opened my eyes.
Do you have a copy of the Big Book of the Unexplained? It sums up everything I read about as a kid.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2671210730001?r=1&kpid=2671210730001&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book_5To14-_-Q000000633-_-2671210730001
I do not, but I have a feeling we read most of the same stuff.
ReplyDeleteThis sort of thing... childhood obsession. I kind of wish I had kept up, but now I don't even watch the Ancient Aliens stuff and I killed my subscription to the Fortean Times :(
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Readers-Mysteries-Unexplained-Carroll-Calkins/dp/B001AVNI3Y that was my source book. Some of the stories still fill me with wonder!
ReplyDelete