Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
Better tag Paul V. for mecha.
ReplyDeleteAh Thexder, the first game I absolutely sucked at. But not the last!
ReplyDeleteIt was hard.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this. Probably because there was never a PC at my house.
ReplyDeleteBut the mecha looks like a clunky ripoff of a Valkyrie from Macross.
ReplyDeleteThe sequel has even better art:
ReplyDeletehttp://goo.gl/OfuIs4
That's because it was, Paul V.. I liked it because it was like Jetfire from Transformers.
ReplyDeleteOddly enough, I've heard of FIRE HAWK.
ReplyDeleteThey were both hard, or I was terrible. Thexder was one of my first games.
ReplyDeleteHoly shit mcga graphics.
ReplyDeleteIs that a crotch siren?
ReplyDeleteYou turn into a jet. That's your crotch-nose-cone.
ReplyDeleteIt shoots lasers when you're a plane. Crotch lasers.
ReplyDeleteI remember this as the game where you turned into an airplane and crashed.
ReplyDelete