In my experience it's no harder than socks (or a condom). Pull long hair into a bun like loop. Fold up the bottom half of the cap. Place on small child's head and roll down. Tuck in any stray hairs.
Casey, if you ever need to help her with the swim cap, I'd be disappointed if you didn't use the trick where you fill the cap with water first and pop it on.
Depending on if you are trying to keep her hair dry or just out of her face they also make them out of swimsuit material too and I've found those are easier.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
How's the swim cap? I'm thinking about getting one for my kid but my wife says they're a real hassle to get on/off.
ReplyDeleteI've never had to help her with one, so no idea! She didn't have one until she started competing.
ReplyDeleteIn my experience it's no harder than socks (or a condom). Pull long hair into a bun like loop. Fold up the bottom half of the cap. Place on small child's head and roll down. Tuck in any stray hairs.
ReplyDeleteCasey, if you ever need to help her with the swim cap, I'd be disappointed if you didn't use the trick where you fill the cap with water first and pop it on.
ReplyDeleteAlso, they're fragile. As we found out when one broke at a meet and we didn't have a spare.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is awesome. I'm gonna experiment, thanks.
ReplyDeleteAren't they made of rubber? I would've thought it would be more resilient than that.
ReplyDeleteI assumed some kind of latex.
ReplyDeleteDepending on if you are trying to keep her hair dry or just out of her face they also make them out of swimsuit material too and I've found those are easier.
ReplyDelete