Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re...


Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad):
Iron Monger: Excelsior
Abomination: No-Prize
Loki: Excelsior
Red Skull: Excelsior
Whiplash: Bullpen Floor
Justin Hammer: Excelsior
Loki again: Excelsior
Mandarin: Excelsior 
Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor
Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior
Ronan: Bullpen Floor
Nebula: Excelsior
Ultron: No-Prize

Did I miss anyone?

Comments

  1. The doctor with the round glasses stuck in the computer, though he's pretty much Hydra Conspiracy.

    Thanos, though we haven't really seen all that much of him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably rate Ultron as good but that's probably mostly because of James Spader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Hydra has Robert Redford (can't even remember the character's name), Crossbones, and Zola all lumped together. They were all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanos yeah

    Then it is the also rans Batroc and Crossbones

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the picture and was like "DUDE I WILL FIGHT YOU, JUSTIN HAMMER WAS THE BEST" but then you gve him the Excelsior so it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam Rockwell saves that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mean "bad" as in "The villain wasn't very scary or effective," or "bad" as in "Evil?"
    Also, you've overlooked Thanos, but we still haven't seen much of him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If we're including henchmen, you missed Kurse (hench for Malekith in Thor 2), also Bullpen floor in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanos hasn't had a movie yet, but I'm guessing Josh Brolin will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The henchman in Thor 2 had a name?

    I guess I could have listed the Destroyer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Casey G. I don't think they said "Kurse" out loud, but that was totally Kurse in the same way that the Maximoff twins were Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch without ever being called such.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still like all the movies with shitty villains. The heroes are hilarious in Thor 2 and Guardians.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I probably had more fun watching those two than a lot of the others. Maybe the crap villains were part of my enjoyment? I dunno. Either that or I just like spaceships.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cole long he's just boring. "I hate these people for unspecified reasons. I will shout and kill them all." Nebula actually had good motivation though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Casey G. fair enough. I may just have lingering affection for Ronan from the comics

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ronan looked cool, but yeah, he was just like "I HATE XANDAR BECAUSE I AM KREE" and that was about all there was to his character.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The one-note villains actually let the heroes shine more, so they don't hurt the movies at all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Magneto is definitely an Excelsior.

    ReplyDelete
  19. But not in the MCU. Fox has consistently done Magneto well though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paul V. - Ronan was also pretty toothless. All he really does in the movie is report to Thanos and dispatch his henchmen (who are Thanos' daughters) to run errands for Thanos. I spent part of Guardians wondering why he was involved in the plot at all.

    Turns out, that was a frustration that director James Gunn shared. He agreed that it was redundant to have Thanos and Ronan both in the movie, but he was pressured to include Thanos to tie it all in to the MCU.

    Doesn't matter, though, because Guardians of the Galaxy is still my favorite MCU movie to date.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ronan being a shitty super-serious villain made the last scene all the more better, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I prefer grouping all the marvel movies together - I don't care if they are made by Marvel, Fox, Sony.  So here goes:
    Magneto - Excelsior
    Green Goblin (William Defoe) - Excelsior
    Doc Oc - Excelsior
    James Franco Green Goblin - no prize
    Venom - Bullpen Floor
    Sandman - Bullpen Floor
    Lizard - Bullpen Floor
    Electro - bull pen floor

    ReplyDelete
  23. Electro is Bullpen Floor.
    Sandman is No Prize

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was on the fence on that one.  Electro changed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. ...does MCU mean Marvel Comics Universe? That's what I thought it meant. I must be confused.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Andrew Shields I think they are the movies made by Marvel Studios?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, the straight up Marvel made ones in the Avengers continuity.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok, since we've expanded.
    Deadpool: Bullpen Floor
    Silver Samurai: Excelsior.

    Yes, I said Excelsior.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ronan gets a pass for excellent outtakes.

    Dance off challenge accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The one interesting thing that Ronan did was kill (or seriously injure) Thanos' minion (who was played by Alexis Denisof), who had been established as being powerful enough to cow Loki.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't agree on Iron Monger. I found him to be ludicrously bad. Just a bigger version of the hero. He's sort of emblematic to me of the problem the Marvel movies have with creating interesting villains.

    To me, the only Excelsior ones were Loki and Ultron.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jeff Bridges is better before he puts on the suit. Box of scraps, pizza scene, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Casey G. - Agreed. My biggest problem is he went from being an interesting villain out of the suit to a guy that wants to murder children to distract the hero once he gets the armor on.

    ReplyDelete
  34. He'd already lost. Pepper defeated him with a USB stick. All he could do was freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  35. the quality of the actor isn't the only reason some of these are terrible villains.

    Lee Pace was good at his job, it's just his job was to be a shitty character.

    also: Ulysses Klaw intro'd in Avengers 2 will likely be the big-bad in the upcoming Black Panther movie.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I totally forgot about Klaw. So much going on in that movie. He was good.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yeah Ulysees Klaw was the only also ran not on the Bullpen Floor!

    ReplyDelete
  38. He's a dirty asshole, and I can't wait for Black Panther to kick the crap out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  39. We forgot Bullseye and Kingpin - I'm going No-Prize for both.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Keith Hoovestol​ The original Daredevil movie is not MCU.

    Unless you're talking about the new show, which you can't be, because Fisk is Excelsior.

    ReplyDelete
  41. We're all over the place now. But we should include the new Daredevil I guess. New Kingpin is an Excelsior.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ang Lee Hulk Absorbing Man is obviously Bullpen Floor, but the gamma dogs are excelsior.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh man, new Kingpin is so Excelsior he makes all the other villains so far look pathetic. Except for maybe Loki.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog