The scene where Harris and Mastrantonio have to survive having not quite enough air is one of the rawest, purest bits of incandescent acting I have ever seen on film. It convinced me that Harris was one of Hollywood's finest talents.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Sssssteps...
ReplyDeleteI saw it in a huge, packed theater. When Cat punched Coffey the audience exploded with cheers. One of my favorite movie memories.
ReplyDeleteIt's one of my all time favorites. Perfect movie.
ReplyDeleteThe scene where Harris and Mastrantonio have to survive having not quite enough air is one of the rawest, purest bits of incandescent acting I have ever seen on film. It convinced me that Harris was one of Hollywood's finest talents.
ReplyDeleteTook my first date to The Abyss. There wasn't a second date with that girl, but I did go to the movie again the next week.
ReplyDelete