Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
Working on a *Hack game?
ReplyDeleteYes, but not this! This is just a collection of possible house rules mixing up 5e, S&W, a little Black Hack and a little ACKS.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like the most insane alchemy. Do keep us posted! How are you handling skills? d20 roll-under?
ReplyDeleteD20+stat bonus vs. the listed target numbers. When leveling up you get a few points to lower the TNs.
ReplyDeleteLike Godbound's Facts, then? Cool. Why is the Thief's Acrobatics skill lower than most? (I'd guess because it's a matter of survival)
ReplyDeleteBecause Acrobatics includes the classic Climb Wall and that starts at around 85% in old games.
ReplyDelete