I love how built up it is. The mechanics are so cool. My only fear is that it would be hard to run because it would require the players to invest a lot in learning the rules.
Or maybe I am over thinking this because I tried to run a Torchbearer one shot never having played it and it was really rough.
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
Hey, I'm using Jeff and Brendan's 20 questions to help me get a feel for my upcoming Perdition campaign. Never done it before. Highly recommended. http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html http://www.necropraxis.com/2012/02/24/20-quick-questions-rules/
pun intended?
ReplyDeleteI love how built up it is. The mechanics are so cool. My only fear is that it would be hard to run because it would require the players to invest a lot in learning the rules.
ReplyDeleteOr maybe I am over thinking this because I tried to run a Torchbearer one shot never having played it and it was really rough.