Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
That's a neat article, actually. Well written, informative, and also useful for other GMs.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found some use in this, sir!
ReplyDeleteYeah I love setting the specific results to always have certain things.
ReplyDeleteA lot, actually! I am making some tables and I was doing it d100 style, which was annoying me. I like your way better. Easy to add a small sub-table, like if "4" is humanoids, I can make a 1d6 chart with possible encounters.
ReplyDeleteThis is great. I love "2 is always a dragon." I posted a while back about how I'd never been in a Dungeons & Dragons game that actually had a dragon in it.
ReplyDeleteGreat piece Beloch Shrike there's a lot in a small package. I can infer your campaign/ world building too. Definitely useful.
ReplyDelete