Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
That does look like a good afternoon. :)
ReplyDeleteIt pairs well with a brown ale.
ReplyDeleteWait, are you reading LotFP books at the wursthaus?
ReplyDeleteI was! the one by my place in Golden Valley. The Western burbs are hip.
ReplyDeleteCasey G. I've always entertained the idea of formally pairing games and booze. What goes with AD&D 1e? Call of Cthulhu? Traveller?
ReplyDeleteHuh. Let's see...
ReplyDeleteAD&D: Miller High Life
Call of Cthulhu: Bathtub gin
Traveller: Syrian Panther Sweat
Fun exercise, isn't it? AD&D is definitely beer. CoC just begs for Prohibition-era stuff, though sherry or port also seem fitting when your character is a neurasthenic New England scholar or dilettante in a library, perusing ancient tomes. For Traveller I'd play up the "Age of Sail in space" angle, so rum it is.
ReplyDeleteOf course, this is mostly theoretical, as at my table we default to beer and/or soda.
call of cthulhu is probably absinthe for me. for traveller, I don't see how you'd have cargo space for anything but everclear and tang.
ReplyDelete