I actually made an abyssal maw in my college ceramics class. I used a Basketball to shape the main body so that gives you a sense of scale. It was pretty epic.
Just about. My dad wanted that piece of all people, which is odd because talking about anything even remotely D&D related and he shuts down. I wonder where it is now...
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Random idea for high-lethality D&D campaigns: Character death unlocks new classes and races. Maybe useful in “special snowflake” campaigns where no one reads your carefully crafted setting material. Instead you roll it out piecemeal as PCs bite the dust. “I really want to play a saurian warlock…sure, I’ll take a drink of that mystery potion.” Someone probably thought of this before.
I always liked abberations ... or abominations, as I believe they're called in later editions.
ReplyDeleteYeah, there's He-Man quality there for sure.
ReplyDeleteI actually made an abyssal maw in my college ceramics class. I used a Basketball to shape the main body so that gives you a sense of scale. It was pretty epic.
ReplyDeleteLife size!
ReplyDeleteJust about. My dad wanted that piece of all people, which is odd because talking about anything even remotely D&D related and he shuts down. I wonder where it is now...
ReplyDeleteThey can put it on our porch with all Mom's other crap.
ReplyDelete