Absolutely true! I've read them all, but now I'm listening to the audiobooks, getting them from the library in as close to correct order as I can. The narrator is fantastic.
Nope. The funniest line is "He who would pun would pick a pocket." I quote it all the time, then have to explain where it came from. (The lesser of two weevils!)
Humza wins, Torah Cottrill. It's the debauched sloth. But lesser of two weevils is right there. Also the "dog watches are cur-tailed" or at least Jack telling that joke and trying not to mess it up.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
I'll just tag Richard G right away.
ReplyDeleteI need to reread this series. It's a balm for difficult times.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely true! I've read them all, but now I'm listening to the audiobooks, getting them from the library in as close to correct order as I can. The narrator is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteAubrey and Maturin is amazing.
ReplyDeleteThe second funniest line in English literature.
ReplyDeletehttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aFdshjwiOCxJ1Qh8cxZF9bZ_a1wlmOapvnq4TAi633GbKq7bPUmQnFoUs-7J70af3xs5pM-yLDk
Nope. The funniest line is "He who would pun would pick a pocket." I quote it all the time, then have to explain where it came from. (The lesser of two weevils!)
ReplyDeleteNo love for "Jack, you have debauched my sloth"?
ReplyDeleteNote I said the second funniest line. The two quotes above are both in the top 3 as well.
ReplyDeleteSo what IS the funniest line?
ReplyDeleteHumza wins, Torah Cottrill. It's the debauched sloth. But lesser of two weevils is right there. Also the "dog watches are cur-tailed" or at least Jack telling that joke and trying not to mess it up.
ReplyDeletethe pun quote is the most useful in actual conversation, as you noted.
ReplyDeleteAw shit I forgot about cur-tailed.
ReplyDeleteNice catch.
ReplyDelete