A huge amount of animals eat carrion, especially those we think of as hunters, as they will dine on a carcass for days.
The only thing that might throw it in doubt is "zombie". What are undead like in that setting/system? Do they exude a life sucking aura that all living things find a bit twingy? If so then if that aura is strong enough, the dino might not make a snack out of it.
Dead meat, heck yeah. Un-dead meat? I'd say higher level stuff like vampires, wights, mummys, nah. Ghouls, zombies, skeletons? Just let me get the mustard.
Nah, here it is: It depends I guess. Dinosaurs would have been like lions or hyenas or whatever. Not gonna turn up their snouts at a meal if they come across a dead thing they can scavenge. But there’s gotta be a line somewhere where meat is so rotten it’s unhealthy and they would leave it for the maggots. So I’d say if the zombies are fresh, they’d eat them. If they’re like crawled out of the grave zombies, they wouldn’t. Of course, maybe animals have an instinct about necromancy and can detect that these unnatural things must be destroyed. In that case maybe they’d kill the zombies and not eat them.
Then he explained some more and I said: If some of them are fresh, then I say it's fine. Narrate them swallowing a fresh one, but spitting out a rotten one. It'll be a nice touch.
Then another buddy says the first player to complain about dinosaurs eating zombies should have a corpse flung at their character.
Now keep in mind, this is Chult and weird necro-shit is going on. Maybe this dino gorged on a camp of non-zombies and then the whole thing went sour.
T-Rex can't take some pepto, and they're all crammed in and can't dislodge properly, so they just chew slowly at the guts until the dino is also undead.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Was Tyrannosaurus rex really a scavenger? Experts say yes! More at eleven.
ReplyDeletehttps://plus.google.com/photos/...
ReplyDeleteCasey G. Perfect.
ReplyDeletePretty happy with it
ReplyDeleteI always want to make sure the game w/ Elfs and magic is completely believable.
ReplyDeleteWhen you add dinosaurs you better fuckin' believe it.
ReplyDeleteA huge amount of animals eat carrion, especially those we think of as hunters, as they will dine on a carcass for days.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that might throw it in doubt is "zombie". What are undead like in that setting/system? Do they exude a life sucking aura that all living things find a bit twingy? If so then if that aura is strong enough, the dino might not make a snack out of it.
Dead meat, heck yeah. Un-dead meat? I'd say higher level stuff like vampires, wights, mummys, nah. Ghouls, zombies, skeletons? Just let me get the mustard.
ReplyDeleteI bet a T-rex would at least taste it a bit before deciding.
ReplyDeleteThat zombie puking trex in ToA is, imo, a unique supernatural being and not the realistic consequence of a zombie dino eating a buncha zombie people.
ReplyDeleteIt's a dark souls boss class being.
Well what did you say tho Casey?!
ReplyDeleteWhat if I told you I was still composing my answer and it was up to 10,000 words?
ReplyDeleteNah, here it is:
ReplyDeleteIt depends I guess. Dinosaurs would have been like lions or hyenas or whatever. Not gonna turn up their snouts at a meal if they come across a dead thing they can scavenge. But there’s gotta be a line somewhere where meat is so rotten it’s unhealthy and they would leave it for the maggots.
So I’d say if the zombies are fresh, they’d eat them. If they’re like crawled out of the grave zombies, they wouldn’t.
Of course, maybe animals have an instinct about necromancy and can detect that these unnatural things must be destroyed. In that case maybe they’d kill the zombies and not eat them.
Then he explained some more and I said:
If some of them are fresh, then I say it's fine. Narrate them swallowing a fresh one, but spitting out a rotten one. It'll be a nice touch.
Then another buddy says the first player to complain about dinosaurs eating zombies should have a corpse flung at their character.
Casey G. Agree ESPECIALLY the last part
ReplyDeleteNow keep in mind, this is Chult and weird necro-shit is going on.
ReplyDeleteMaybe this dino gorged on a camp of non-zombies and then the whole thing went sour.
T-Rex can't take some pepto, and they're all crammed in and can't dislodge properly, so they just chew slowly at the guts until the dino is also undead.