Not sure if you are not aware Josh McGraw but there are a ton of regional US variations on the the hamburger. It's a fun wormhole to go down if you get the chance.
Josh McGraw, may I suggest a garbage plate. It's out of Rochester, NY and my favorite. Basically you make the sauce listed in the link. After that make hamburgers, french fries and mac salad. Cover the plate half and half w/ the fries and mac salad placing the hamburgers on top. Then cover it all generously w/ the meat sauce.
Also get yourself some bread, Tahoe's who invented the dish uses a sourdough, you need the bread to sop up the grease that such left on the bottom of the dish.
I'd also suggest to add some finely diced and lightly cooked onions, brown mustard and Louisiana style hot sauce preferably Frank's Red hot as condiments. Add some cheese on the burger if you'd like Tahoe's uses a cheap slice of American and it works quite well.
You can replace the hamburgers w/ hot dogs, eggs, or pork chops.
J. Max Kielbasa I experienced a proper Rochester-style garbage plate years ago when I had a proud Rochester-native subordinate who insisted on preparing it for the whole team at a morale event. Like he had authentic supplies shipped in from home. It was delightful, at least in part because of his extreme enthusiasm.
Lex Larson Me too. I'm really bad at gauging how long to leave the onions in the pan though. I tend to either panic and take them out too early, or leave them in too long and they end up charred and inedible.
catty _big What works for me is adding fat or sauce. The onions soak up whatever you're cooking them in, so once they've released the water in them and gone translucent, I add some fat (coconut oil or real butter) to get them to keep cooking without getting carbonized.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Care to share that recipe? Because that looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteSo jelly.
ReplyDeleteseriouseats.com - Oklahoma-Style Onion Burgers Recipe
ReplyDeleteAwesome, thanks!
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you are not aware Josh McGraw but there are a ton of regional US variations on the the hamburger. It's a fun wormhole to go down if you get the chance.
ReplyDeleteJ. Max Kielbasa my wife and I LOVE burgers, but have mostly been in CA for the past decade+. Time to branch out!
ReplyDeleteYum!
ReplyDeleteJosh McGraw, may I suggest a garbage plate. It's out of Rochester, NY and my favorite. Basically you make the sauce listed in the link. After that make hamburgers, french fries and mac salad. Cover the plate half and half w/ the fries and mac salad placing the hamburgers on top. Then cover it all generously w/ the meat sauce.
ReplyDeleteAlso get yourself some bread, Tahoe's who invented the dish uses a sourdough, you need the bread to sop up the grease that such left on the bottom of the dish.
I'd also suggest to add some finely diced and lightly cooked onions, brown mustard and Louisiana style hot sauce preferably Frank's Red hot as condiments. Add some cheese on the burger if you'd like Tahoe's uses a cheap slice of American and it works quite well.
You can replace the hamburgers w/ hot dogs, eggs, or pork chops.
Or if you are lazy just get this spice mix in the link below this paragraph. Still good and representative of a garbage plate.
https://www.niblackfoods.com/zweigles-hot-meat-sauce-and-chili-mix-zweigles-125-oz
geniuskitchen.com - Garbage Trash Plate Hot Sauce Recipe - Genius Kitchen
Looks like a Bates burger to me. Come to metro Detroit, and they’re on me.
ReplyDeleteJoe Cwik, what exactly makes a Bates Burger a Bates Burger? Is it known as a regional specialty?
ReplyDeleteJ. Max Kielbasa it’s a greasy spoon diner. All they do are these types of burgers, fries, pop, shakes. Simple menu.
ReplyDeletehttps://plus.google.com/photos/...
ReplyDeleteI knew something was missing in my life
ReplyDeleteAlso similar to Jersey onion sliders.
ReplyDeleteJ. Max Kielbasa I experienced a proper Rochester-style garbage plate years ago when I had a proud Rochester-native subordinate who insisted on preparing it for the whole team at a morale event. Like he had authentic supplies shipped in from home. It was delightful, at least in part because of his extreme enthusiasm.
ReplyDeleteThey look delish 🍔👀🍴! Thx for sharing the recipe Casey G. , might give those a go sometime.
ReplyDeleteGarbage plate is amazing name for a meal
ReplyDeleteThose look like gourmet home made White Castles :)
ReplyDeleteI always have onions in/on my burgers. YUM
ReplyDeleteLex Larson Me too. I'm really bad at gauging how long to leave the onions in the pan though. I tend to either panic and take them out too early, or leave them in too long and they end up charred and inedible.
ReplyDeletecatty _big What works for me is adding fat or sauce. The onions soak up whatever you're cooking them in, so once they've released the water in them and gone translucent, I add some fat (coconut oil or real butter) to get them to keep cooking without getting carbonized.
ReplyDeletecatty _big - Just need to practice.... Aw, what a shame. Making deliciousness until perfected... ;-)
ReplyDelete...Finally got around to making this recipe and specifically had to find my way back to this post to say thanks. The whole family loved it.
ReplyDelete