Casey G. Gotta be careful with Reaper Minis. Some primers never dry. I used Krylon on some and it just fucked them up! I just remembered. Army Painter works.
Casey G. to paint without primer you need to use paint straight out of the pot no water, and it still seems like a slog to get it to “stick”. I’ve primed with Army Painter and it worked. That’s why I was surprised when Krylon cans ruined them.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Those cold, plastic, disappointed eyes
ReplyDeleteThe problem with those bones minis is they seem so crap after futzing with GW hard plastic ones.
ReplyDeleteI need to root through mine and make some war bands or something.
ReplyDeleteI primed these today. I might try like two colors and a dip and call it good.
ReplyDeleteYeah their plastic is like... just too soft to want to deal with
ReplyDeleteThe effect is lessened if the model is really chunky, but swords and such are terrible.
ReplyDeleteAnd the primer is still super sticky... We'll see what happens overnight.
ReplyDeleteI just got a load of AoS dryads for super cheap and instead of priming them I got distracted testing the primer on an axe. I fucked up the axe p bad
ReplyDeleteCasey G. Gotta be careful with Reaper Minis. Some primers never dry. I used Krylon on some and it just fucked them up! I just remembered. Army Painter works.
ReplyDeleteToo late!
ReplyDeleteCasey G. if you google around you’ll see forum posts about it. They’ll never stop feeling tacky. ☹️
ReplyDeleteEven when you paint over the primer?
ReplyDeleteCasey G. I think so 😬 I threw the minis away I was so annoyed.
ReplyDeleteI guess we'll see if the plastic melts if I throw them in a bucket of Green Stuff.
ReplyDeleteI just paint direct on the Bones without primer
ReplyDeleteI did try painting one without primer about a year ago. The paint would hardly take and it pooled up.
ReplyDeleteOk, so overnight my white Bones are dry. But the gray Bones, a couple of robot looking dudes I bought for Coop a long time ago, are still tacky.
ReplyDeleteCasey G. to paint without primer you need to use paint straight out of the pot no water, and it still seems like a slog to get it to “stick”. I’ve primed with Army Painter and it worked. That’s why I was surprised when Krylon cans ruined them.
ReplyDeleteMythilli drying brushing these skeletons gold. https://plus.google.com/photos/...
ReplyDeleteI’ve painted a few and that went OK but over time where the plastic bends the paint wears off.
ReplyDelete