If she responds to vibrations you can thump and then use visual cues to communicate with her; that worked quite well when our dog went deaf. (Our other dog also spontaneously started being "helper dog" and would go poke him when I dropped food in the kitchen and for other events he'd be interested in.)
We got a vibrating collar that we're going to try to train her to look at us with. Also hand motions and pointing work really well. And I sign a "J" for her name.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
Yeah!
ReplyDeleteAwwww
ReplyDeleteGood job.
ReplyDeleteBig dogs are best dogs
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! Those ears are the best.
ReplyDeleteThe ears are what got me. They also don't work. She's deaf.
ReplyDeleteI was expecting an Irish setter to blend in.. :D
ReplyDeleteOMG lurveee!!
ReplyDeleteIf she responds to vibrations you can thump and then use visual cues to communicate with her; that worked quite well when our dog went deaf. (Our other dog also spontaneously started being "helper dog" and would go poke him when I dropped food in the kitchen and for other events he'd be interested in.)
ReplyDeleteWe got a vibrating collar that we're going to try to train her to look at us with. Also hand motions and pointing work really well. And I sign a "J" for her name.
ReplyDelete:D Smart doggo. I like the collar -- lets you signal regardless of the environment.
ReplyDelete