Here are some of my own thoughts from a ways back. Mostly helpful for the links, probably, especially the "node based megadungeon" one - makes a nice complement to the Alexandrian posts on node-based design.
Your Beat 'em Ups! Give them to me! My daughter and I have played the hell out of X-Men on my PS3. I'm bored! She's not, she could blow up sentinels with Storm all day long. Are there other button-mashers out there that: -Have a playable female character (so Ninja Turtles are out) -Available on PS3 -Multiplayer I'm aware Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of Mystara comes out in June. Can't wait. But until then, I need something new since I can't listen to "Nothing stops the Blob!" again.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
My #1 favorite:
ReplyDeletehttp://thealexandrian.net/wordpress/1223/roleplaying-games/opening-your-game-table
Along with this.
ReplyDeletehttp://thealexandrian.net/wordpress/5/roleplaying-games/re-running-the-megadungeon
Plussing for the pic.
ReplyDeleteLinks incoming Calib Kerensky.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.grey-elf.com/philotomy.pdf
ReplyDeleteI'll have to see if I can dig any others up, but for now, subbing.
ReplyDeleteHere are some of my own thoughts from a ways back. Mostly helpful for the links, probably, especially the "node based megadungeon" one - makes a nice complement to the Alexandrian posts on node-based design.
ReplyDeletehttp://blessingsofthedicegods.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-granularity-of-megadungeons.html
.
ReplyDeletePlussing for the pic, subbing for the conversation.
ReplyDeleteThis classic RPGsite thread is chock full of great advice and even includes a fully mapped and keyed level by Benoist Poiré. http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?t=21636
ReplyDeleteThese are all awesome!
ReplyDelete