Argh, like the "character-based" vs. "story-based" wars where many of us wondered Wtf that even meant and why it was worth fighting over different play styles.
Rating the Marvel villains so far on a scale from Excelsior (good), to No-Prize (could be explained that they’re either good or bad), to Bullpen Floor (bad): Iron Monger: Excelsior Abomination: No-Prize Loki: Excelsior Red Skull: Excelsior Whiplash: Bullpen Floor Justin Hammer: Excelsior Loki again: Excelsior Mandarin: Excelsior Dark Elf what’s-his-name: Bullpen floor Hydra Conspiracy: Excelsior Ronan: Bullpen Floor Nebula: Excelsior Ultron: No-Prize Did I miss anyone?
There's a PC Load Letter joke here somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't find it.
ReplyDeletePC's THAC0…
ReplyDeleteI have to assume this is a flare-up relevant to the latest Ron Edwards and Tarnowski dust-up?
ReplyDeleteNo, just me whenever I see someone use these high-falutin' terms when they're talking about elf-games.
ReplyDeleteMeans a bunch
ReplyDeleteAin't that hard to understand.
Uh, no. Joke. Move along.
ReplyDeleteNar: we're here to tell a story.
ReplyDeleteGam: we're here to win.
Sim: we're here to see what it would be like.
That is my likely inaccurate rendering that I nevertheless find useful as a way to figure out what people are primarily looking for in a game.
La-la-la! I don't care!
ReplyDeleteArgh, like the "character-based" vs. "story-based" wars where many of us wondered Wtf that even meant and why it was worth fighting over different play styles.
ReplyDeleteI get the sense that people are not understanding what you're doing.
ReplyDeleteAccording to postmodernism Narratives do not exist. When will TTRPG game design adopt postmodernism?
ReplyDeleteA stronger model was introduced back in 2006 anyways
ReplyDeletehttp://jrients.blogspot.com/2006/02/i-got-your-threefold-model-right-here.html
Nerds, man.
ReplyDeleteRSP is much better, I'm going to use that from now on.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen Office Space in a while so i don't recall the specific context of this image but that must be part of the joke...
ReplyDeleteAlso, narratives exist, they are just socially constructed, if we wanna get postmodern.
This thread delivers on the meta-lulz.
ReplyDelete